Josh Byrne & Associates is one of Perth’s leading environmental consultancy and landscape design firms. We are at the forefront of making significant positive changes to the way we live and integrate with society and the environment.
Our office is expanding due to our recent professional undertakings and requires us to engage another like-minded Landscape Architect to join our team of Landscape Architects, Environmental Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers and Media professionals.
We are seeking a full time passionate Landscape Architect with very strong community and environmental ethos who is committed to community engagement, social empowerment and best practice environmental sustainability outcomes. This person must hold a tertiary qualification in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design, preferably obtained in Australia, and produce the highest standard of work. It is expected that all applicants will have a minimum of 3 years of commercial Landscape Architectural experience, primarily in a private practice.
Applicants will require the following skills and attributes:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (preferably 2012 or later), Adobe CC Suite, including but not limited to; Photoshop, Illustrator and In-design
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office suite
- High level of accuracy and presentation in all work produced
- Be a team player and be willing to assist on all project levels
- Have & maintain a working knowledge of Australian Standards applicable to the construction and landscape industry
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a project team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
- Be driven and self motivated
Applicants will ideally have design and documentation experience in:
- High profile civic and amenity spaces
- Natural play spaces and playgrounds
- Wetland design and public integration
Applicants will be viewed favorably if they have the following skills:
- High level of skill in hand drawn perspective
- Experience in the use of interactive touch screen monitors
- Experience in other Adobe animation, video and graphics CC software
- Design and development of bespoke play elements.
- Holder of a current WA driver’s license
- Able to start immediately
This position is an opportunity to become a significant part of a team that is making a difference to the way we live. We need a person that will be as excited as we are to be working on some of Australia’s key projects.
If you would like to be considered for this rare opportunity, please send your complete current CV, cover letter and brief portfolio to the General Manager – email@example.com
Applications that are incomplete or that do not meet the above brief will not be considered so please ensure thoroughness in your application.
Applications close COB WST 11th of September 2014.