City of Fremantle Energy Plan
A document that is assisting the City of Fremantle with meeting its corporate energy supply and carbon reduction targets.
Josh Byrne & Associates (JBA) worked with the City of Fremantle to deliver a Corporate Energy Plan. The Plan sets out a strategy enabling the City to run corporate operations on 100% renewable electricity by 2025.
The Plan is designed to have minimal financial impact on the City and shows how green energy can be procured at competitive rates. Initiatives that have a capital cost were only proposed if they have a strong, positive net present value. Options for alternative funding of the capital costs were also discussed.
JBA’s role included:
- Developing a strategic plan in collaboration with the City, aligned to City processes. Reviewing the existing situation in order to develop an understanding of the baseline as a starting point for the Plan.
- Practical research to inform the Plan by identifying best practice and innovation, as well as an evidence base for recommendations.
- Authoring a comprehensive report to embody the Plan, including collaboration with the City and frequent review.
- Understanding council processes and timelines.
- Understanding sensitivities around the public interface, communicating new