What We DoJosh Byrne & Associates' (JBA) professional in-house skills incorporate landscape architecture, environmental engineering and sustainability, community engagement and communications.
We apply a broad and integrated sustainability framework to our work, taking into consideration appropriate materials selection, energy efficiency, biodiversity, local food production, waste minimisation and water sensitive design. We value interactive learning experiences and incorporate bespoke features where possible to create a local identity.
JBA’s key landscape architectural services include:
- Master planning
- Concept design
- Detailed design and specification
- Project costing and review
- Project management and contract administration
- Specialist consultancy
Urban Water Management
We focus on innovative and cost-effective outcomes, and our experience has shown that an integrated approach is vital to achieving long term sustainable benefits for our clients and their projects.
JBA provides the following range of services in the urban water sector:
- Water auditing and balance modelling
- Feasibility investigations for alternative water supplies
- Planning and concept design development of integrated water and wastewater recycling schemes
- Preparation of water management plans for urban development
- Preparation of recycled water quality management plans and obtaining regulatory approvals for proposed alternate water schemes
Built Environment Sustainability
JBA works collaboratively in project teams to set sustainability targets and strategies, and then supports the design process to achieve the objectives set for both infrastructure and architecture. We look for opportunities that emerge from a multidisciplinary approach to make our projects much more than the sum of their parts.
Whether it is a layer of research, collaborating with a university, or one of a host of green building certifications that we can assist with, JBA begins with what is best for the project and looks for it strengths.
JBA’s integrated approach results in sustainability advice that improves building energy, resource and water efficiency, as well as liveability. We understand green building policy and have been involved in improving these policies in a number of arenas.
Our experience and broad industry involvement allows us to achieve sustainability goals without compromising the design process.
JBA’s services for Built Environment Sustainability include:
- Sustainability Strategies and reporting for submissions such as Development Approval
- Feasibility Studies & Options Analyses around renewable energy, water, materials and air quality
- Sustainability Certification – including Green Star, One Planet Living, EnviroDevelopment, Living Building Challenge
- ESD Specification writing
- Tender review and Interviews
- Building Simulation including for energy performance, natural light, and thermal comfort
- Project Management & Contract Administration
- Policy & Strategy Development
Policy, Strategy and Research
Our projects range from the local level through to major national research activities, allowing us to contribute to liveability and environmental outcomes of all scales.
We provide the following professional services:
- Policy analysis and direction
- Research and guidance
- Regulatory impact assessment
- Strategic/stakeholder engagement and consultation
- Advocacy and strategic communications
We utilise a broad suite of communications services and platforms to share our design and consultancy projects, leveraging Josh Byrne’s national media profile when needed.
The key service deliverables we offer in Communications include:
- Communication strategies
- Strategic stakeholder and community engagement
- Industry training and capacity building
- Multimedia production
- Events management including workshops and presentations
- Specialist copywriting and design