Josh Byrne & Associates is one of Perth’s leading environmental consultancy and landscape design firms. We are at the forefront of making significant positive changes to the way we live and integrate with society and the environment.
We are seeking a passionate and highly experienced Landscape Architect to join our team of Landscape Architects and Consultants. Candidates should have a very strong community and environmental ethos and be committed to community engagement, social empowerment and environmental sustainability issues and practices.
Applicants must hold a tertiary qualification in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design, preferably obtained in Australia, and produce the highest standard of work. It is expected that all applicants will have between five to ten years post-graduation experience, preferably in a private practice with experience of seeing projects delivered on site.
Applicants will require the following skills and attributes:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (preferably 2012 or later), Adobe CC Suite, including but not limited to: Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design and Microsoft Office suite
- High level of creativity and ability to ‘think outside the box’
- High level of accuracy and presentation in all work produced
- Be a team player and be willing to assist on all project levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Possess exceptional written English and verbal communication skills.
Applicants will ideally have design and documentation experience in:
- High profile civic and amenity spaces
- Natural play spaces and playgrounds
- Wetland design and public integration.
Applicants will be viewed favourably if they have the following skills:
- High level of skill in hand drawn perspective
- Experience in the use of interactive touch screen monitors
- Experience in other Adobe animation, Revit, video and graphics CC software
- Design and development of bespoke play elements.
This position is an opportunity to become a part of a team that is making a difference to the way we live. We need a person that is as excited as we are to be working on some of Australia’s key projects.
If you would like to be considered for this rare opportunity, please send your complete and current CV, a cover letter and portfolio (under 10MB) to the JBA General Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 October 2017.
Applications that are incomplete or that do not meet the above brief will not be considered, so please ensure thoroughness in your application.